Thursday, February 28, 2008

21 and counting AND Chicago trip

I know you all missed me writing on this blog but I had a really busy week. I was planning to write this post from the Chicago hotel last night but the wireless internet was not doing the job for me. Let's start

21 and Counting

L
ast Saturday we decided with Molly to make the big step and go to Sports Kilroys bar. To all of you who probably don't know Sports is the bar where...well it is "The Bar". The place where you can get drunk, the place where the most 21year old go, the place to be. So we just wanted to feel like 21 again and we took the chance. We decided to make a smooth transition by going to Yogi's for some drinks first and within a couple of hours we found ourselves in the queue waiting. Behind us were three girls with their little tiny skirts, when I heard the following statement from one of them:

"My vagina is freezing".

I thought that this might be the new language that young people talk. I certainly hoped that vagina was slang for something else, or even hoping that I didn't hear well. Unfortunately I verified with Molly and I immediately understood that I might be too old for the bar. This was probably the highlight of our night. I felt good and young and cute when a girl grabbed my ass and I also felt good with guys hitting on Molly everytime I went to the bathroom. At least I know that my girlfriend is still beautiful..not that I had any doubt. There is one thing for sure. For now on, I am hanging out with people my age.


Chicago Trip

As part of our Business Academy week we drove to Chicago on Wednesday to visit Dannaher Corporation and stayed until Thursday when we visited Grainger.
The 5-hour drive to Chicago was fascinating. I am amazed by the world knowledge of the people who decided to name the Indiana cities. Here are some of the names that I came across:
Lebanon
Morocco
Delphi
Frankfort (I am not sure if there were copyright issues with Frankfurt Germany and deliberately mispelled this one).
I am pretty sure the barrista at Starbucks Lebanon was the first time in her life that had to deal with so many foreign names in so little time. This was our first pit stop and I am sure they thought that we were a multinational organization.
Highlight of the drive to Chicago is always Gary, Indiana. The city where Michael Jackson was born and raised is famous in the U.S. Not because of Michael but because is the city with the highest crime rate per capita in the U.S. Definitely a place to avoid filling your gas.
The visits to the companies were informative but I was really amazed with Grainger. They distribute 350,000 different product lines and they complete 99.8% of their orders within the next day of the order placement. They miss only one small city, I believe in Idaho or Iowa..can't recall. Their distribution center is 1.1 million square feet. That is about 100,000 square meters. Or about 20 football or soccer fields. Quite impressive. That would be a company to work for.
Trip back to Bloomington was long and tiring, but here I am now sitting on my couch like I dreamed all day, writing this blog.
Until the next post..take care

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am now adopting "vagina" as being slang for "feet".