Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lima beans


So we were eating vegetable beef soup that Molly made for dinner tonight when I noticed some green things in the soup. Here is the conversation that followed:

Alkis: "Molly what are these?"
Molly: "Try them, they are good"
Alkis: "Ok..but what are they?"
Molly: "They are lima beans"
Alkis: "Ha..like the animal?"
Molly: "That is LAma"



Anyway, so being like the pamphagos I am, I gave it a try. Didn't really like them but I just ate them since they were in my plate. Turning to Molly, I notice that she herself doesn't eat them but just puts them on the side of her plate. So there is another conversation:

Alkis: "You don't eat your lima beans"
Molly: "I don't like them"
Alkis: "Then why did you tell me that they are good?"
Molly: "I wanted you to try them to see if you will like them"
Alkis: "If you don't like them and you know that I don't like green things why did you put them in there?"
Molly: "Because the recipe said so".

As you can easily imagine this was the highlight of our Sunday which went by smoothly. For the second time this year I refused to wake up to listen to the Salamina game since I decided that there is nothing in it for me. It was a quite disappointing Sunday with United losing to City, Salamina drawing to Apollonas and Olympiakos winning.

Going on to the previous day (Saturday), it was again monotonous. I did not get out of the house at all. Instead I spend most of my day doing programming and surfing on the net..mostly on Facebook. Which brings me to my next subject.

I bet that after "Google" (as a verb), the word "Facebooking" will be the new addition to the English language. It seems that everybody is using it nowadays, and companies started capitalizing on it. People instead of "googling', they are "facebooking" someone they want to learn more about. Isn't it scary?? And on top of that, we have Microsoft making a $45,000,000,000 bid to buy Yahoo and Google complaining about the monopolistic power of Microsoft and any intentions that it might have to drive Google out of the game. Then we will just have to replace the word "google" from the dictionary with the word "yahoo". Until then, take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! I love Molly's logic!

Unknown said...

lima beans aren't that bad. especially if you put bacon in there. delicious!