Friday, February 22, 2008

The $26 car-ride and Valentine's Day

Molly was driving me to class the other day and right before she turned to the business school and after a couple of minutes of silence from both of us, she spoke:

"Your blog is boring".

I wouldn't really be surprised if that statement came from any other person in the world who does not know how I spend my days, but Molly should know pretty well why I do not have much to say in this blog. I do love her however and I am going to pay her back through this blog.
Let's start:

Valentine's Day: As I already mentioned my favorite day of the year. One of the reasons I love it so much is because the discussion of what we are going to do on Valentine's day starts around mid-January. At least this year, after my proposal, we mutually agreed that it is not worth going out to a restaurant where we will be overcharged for food, sitting half a meter away from another couple who will be able to hear our conversations, and having a waitress trying to be polite because the only thing she cares about is her tip while at the same time she is probably swearing at us back in the kitchen. Let me just make add a little point here before I go on..we always tip well because Molly always likes everybody:).
Anyway, so after we decided that we are not going to a restaurant we started (and by we, I mean my lovely girlfriend) discussing of what we should cook. I was probably asked about 15 times If I am OK with lasagna or steak and I ALWAYS responded yes. A week prior to V-day I realized that it falls on a Thursday..the day that I play soccer. The lovely boyfriend I am, I asked permission to go play, but I did not fight the initial refusal, since I got my way out of a restaurant.
So V-Day comes and I get back from school at 5pm. Molly decides that we should sleep for a while so that we are fresh. I don't really want to sleep but I lay in bed. Molly sleeps from about 6 to 8pm. By the way, my soccer game was at 6.30 and I would be done by 7.30 and it wouldn't make a difference to Valentine if I played or not. We ended up ordering pizza for the night despite all the preparations for cooking, and watching a movie. I have to say, I enjoyed not doing much and according to Molly, I got an A+ for the day.

The $26 car ride: Molly picked me up from school yesterday and on the way back she said the usual "We need milk and bread". And whenever she says that, I know that this really means "We need milk and bread and I want fruit and stuff for sandwiches and lean cuisine and some cinnamon rolls, maybe some chocolate, oh and shampoo and conditioner and probably a bunch of other things".
So if you guessed correctly by the title, that is how much milk and bread cost us yesterday. To be fair, the 7 dollars were my red-bulls and to be honest I am glad that it was only $26. Usually "milk and bread" ranges from $20-80 depending on how hungry we are at the time.

That is it for today. I am sure Molly will be glad to read this post but that is a lesson to learn before calling my blog "boring" again:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is hilarious!!! i love it!