Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The show must go on...

3 months strike..Writers lost about $260M in earning, other workers in the TV industry lost about $440M, thousands of people lost their job and broadcast television lost audience to cable. The writers strike is finally over! What does this mean for me? I can finally expect that I will watch a NEW Desperate Housewives every Sunday and that I can sit my ass down on Monday and watch Prison Break, Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Two and a Half men and Rules of Engagement without them being episodes that I have seen at least 3 times each. Hopefully it is not too late for the season.

On a totally different subject, there is a major reason that I love Kelley School of Business (and a reason I hate it and that is no other than the stupid coffee machine that is STILL NOT working but that is another subject for another time). Unless you are still students, close your eyes and imagine this situation...
You go to bed at 3am on Tuesday morning and you are thinking that you have to wake up at 7.30 so you can make it to your early morning Accounting class because the professor will know if you are not there. You are also thrilled that the case you are going over in class has to do with a company in Belgium that makes toilets. You wake up, you make it to class and you are ready to listen about toilets. The first question you get in class is "How do you differentiate a toilet?". I am thinking that you could get it in different colors, or with a heated seat or maybe you can get a toilet with a screen and an internet connected to it (that was just me imagining here). Hey how about a toilet that cleans you?? How about a toilet that makes you happy? A toilet that starts your day beautiful..and yes ladies and gentlemen..this is how Accounting class started on Tuesday:

http://www.washlet.com/

With a toilet that does everything for you. A toilet that senses your presence and opens the toilet lid when you get close to it...and closes it when you leave. A toilet that flashes on its own. A toilet that cleans you with water and then dries you. If you have some time, check the website. I mean if it had a computer screen and an internet connection I could live in the bathroom..
And all of a sudden, the toilet case becomes interesting, you finally wake up and you pay attention in class. All my credit to the professor for making it real!!

Weather still sucks here..we are in a winter storm right now. It is practically impossible to walk outside with slipping and falling down.

Yahoo will have to wait a little bit more before replacing "Google" in the dictionary since they denied Microsoft's offer of $44.6Billion in an attempt to secure a higher bid. Until Microsoft makes a higher bid, take care..

No comments: