Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our first ever parenting

Molly and I went through our first ever "put the baby to sleep" routine. We had to babysit her sister's little boy for a few hours and had to make sure that he sleeps.
Despite the warnings and instructions, it all went pretty well..easier than I was thinking. I am going to safely assume though that it was just one of those lucky nights.
We both sat in the room with him and Molly started reading him stories. He didn't seem to get enough until Molly went to get some water and I continued reading. After my first story he didn't want any more. It probably had to do with my accent. He then laid down, covered himself and I turned off the lights. I stayed in the room for about 15 minutes and then I left. As soon as I closed the door behind me, he was up and turned on the light and he was standing in the crib. I went back in, turned off the light, sat there without saying anything and he went back straight to sleep. I stayed for 10 more minutes to make sure he was asleep and that was it.
First attempt: Successful.

A.

No comments: