Monday, May 25, 2009

A day at the park

Last Saturday we spent the whole day at Bryan park in Bloomington. It was a day full of events, good food, music and nice conversation. Many thanks to the Cypriot girls who invited us and organized this and of course to their parents who cooked all the good food. The menu included:



  • Makaronia tou fournou (or pastitsio)

  • Kioftedes (meatballs)

  • Koupepia (Stuffed grapeleaves)

  • Chicken

  • Tzatziki

  • Tahini

  • Pasta

  • Potatoes

  • Tyropita

  • Many others which I can't remember


Molly prepared and brought her tyropita. Unfortunately, because of being too full from the other food, I did not have the chance to try it. Judging however from the past, the speed that it was gone and the good comments, I am pretty sure that it was great!



Highlight of the day was of course my first interaction and my return to the football field after my back injury one year ago. Here is a picture of me kicking the ball, in my new league, with a new age group and a different gender:

I was still out of breath after playing with them for a while.

Overall, it was a really enjoyable day/night at Bloomington with good weather too. We had lots of fun.

A.



No comments: