Monday, June 22, 2009

The weekend

Good times come from spontaneous decisions. This could have been the conclusion of our weekend in Paphos. A late night Friday decision to spend the weekend in Paphos, an early morning trip and a full Saturday day.
Taking things from the beginning, the idea came up around 11pm on Friday night and thumbs went up instantly. Departure time was set for Saturday at 10am. On our way we booked the hotel rooms and we were ready to rock.
Upon arriving and checking in we went down to the pool where we spent most of the day. After 7 hours at the pool, a beer, some late lunch, a lot of volleyball, some pilota we went up to the rooms to relax and get ready for going out.
Fashion cafe was our first destination. A really nice cafe in terms of decoration, but lacked in quality of service and food. And I really could not understand their promotion of bringing Star Hellas to sit in the corner table as a way to attract customers. We were really the only ones who could see her.
Next destination was the club upstairs. If I am not mistaken I think it was called Cartel. It was on the third floor, it was open, there were fans and we were still sweating. Welcome to Cyprus. Sometimes, I wish I was a woman so I could wear the minimum amount of clothing that the girls in that club were wearing. The club was really good. Excellent music, really nice atmosphere, excellent service, it was one of the best clubs I have been to. The price we paid? 270 Euros for a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bottle of Smirnoff. That is about 1000% profit for the club...
I haven't stayed out until 3.30am since I can remember. Even though I was tired physically, the 5 Vodka Red Bulls kept me awake until 5am, reading magazines in bed.
Alarm was set for 10.30 in the morning, check-out and frappe by the pool, followed by lunch. Soon we were on the way back to Nicosia. Relaxing and pilota concluded a really nice weekend.

No comments: