Sunday, April 26, 2009

Recap of the Little 500 week.

"Greatest college event in the world". I really don't know if that is true but I do know that the Little 500 race at Indiana University is an excuse for alumni to come back in town, from students of other schools to visit for the weekend, for college students to get drunk throughout the week...and for the police and the bars to make some extra money.

All I know is that this is my 6th Little 500 and I really feel like I am getting old. Not too much partying, not too much alcohol and a Sunday night feeling that I have violated my body. And just to prove my point that I don't really care about Little 500, Molly and I went camping with some good friends. I have to admit that I am not a camping fan, but it was fun to get out for a while. It was kind of hard chasing the bears, hunting the boars fishing in the lake and looking after the girls who were scared but it was all worth it. If anybody claims that any of these did not happen it is because they were drunk and do not remember.

Of course, the highlight of the camping was that right next to us, a fraternity had a camping party..with loud music and about 200 college kids getting drunk. Who can forget the three girls who came to our camping side thinking that they could use their girly skills so that they could get some food from the guys. Little did they know that our girls get rid of them quickly (btw, Molly thanks for inviting them over). And who can forget little Will who asked for some food so that he could close the deal with a girl..Will if you ever read this, I hope you remember the Thanksgiving.

Molly and I finished the beautiful weekend, by cooking pork chops, sausages and halloumi on the grill and eating outside. Batteries recharged for the last two weeks of school.

No comments: