Sunday, April 19, 2009

No, no it is not okay!

*Warning: The following post might contain inappropriate language. Read at your discretion.

Just got home from another night out in Bloomington and I am so annoyed that I wanted to share all my feelings with you.
To the legislators of the United States: Please reconsider the minimum age for consumption of alcohol. Please make it from 21 to 41. It is not fucking okay to drink, get drunk and just think that you own the place. Do not fucking step on my foot. I only have two of them and I need them both. Do not fall all over my table. My beer is there and I paid for it and I do not want it spilled all over me. Do not fall down on me. I do not want you to touch me.
There are so many innovative gadgets coming out every day. Why can't somebody invent a stupid little gadget that will measure your IQ and will determine whether you can have more than one alcoholic drink.

Anyway, now that is out of my system. This is what happened. We were walking to the bar with Molly, holding hands when a group of guys, about 20-30 of them came around the corner. They were talking the universal American language...you know those vowels such as "AAAAHHH", "EEEE", "OOOOOOO", when one of them stupidly enough thought that it would be a good idea to distract my good spirits and try to walk between Molly and me while we were holding hands. When we resisted and he insisted, I had to push him back and I also gave him a kick on his leg. Two things I regret: That I did not punch the guy in the face so hard in order to remember me for the rest of his life when looking at the mirror, or kicking him somewhere where it would prevent him to reproduce any more stupid idiots like him. In retrospect, I know what I did was stupid because they were 30 of them and it was just me. I am glad though that there were some of them smart enough to get him out of the way and apologize to us. Sometimes I wish I could just ignore idiots and drunks like him, and I really try my best but I also appreciate it when people respect me. It is not OK to get drunk and wasted and just falling all over people or not caring about them. Read this again: Being drunk does not give you the excuse of doing that. No, no, no it is not OK.

Thanks for reading. Have a good night!
A.

No comments: