Sunday, March 23, 2008

The burned popcorn

I always thought that I liked my popcorn a little bit burned. I guess that crispy sensation in my mouth had something to do with it. So I decided to burn my popcorn today. Molly was making fun of me of course but I didn't care. I wanted my popcorn burned so I left them in the microwave more than it required. In fact I left them in there more than I should have. And there it was. I had my burned popcorn and they were disgusting. But I had to eat them so I could prove to Molly that I liked them. Plus I bit my finger while eating because I was multitasking i.e playing on the computer. This was my bad popcorn experience of the day.

Feature story of the week
Molly and I are sitting on the couch on Wednesday night watching TV...and here it goes:

Molly: So the other day while I was driving, I was at the intersection of the library at the traffic lights when this car in front of me, started moving back. I guess it was a manual and you know how if you drive a manual they can move backwards when you don't hit the brake.
Alkis: Huh..so what did you do?
Molly: I honked my horn politely.
Alkis: Huh..did he hit you?
Molly: A little bit.
Alkis: What did you do?
Molly: I went after him for a while and then came to pick you up..but I remember his license number
Alkis: Is the car damaged?
Molly: I don't think so but I didn't look very carefully.

4 days later..i.e right now
Alkis: Molly, what are the numbers of the car that hit you?
Molly: They are right over there..I wrote them on your book (she gets the book to me and reads the license plates)
Alkis: Did you check if he really hit you?
Molly: No, not yet

Another weekend is over..6 weeks left for the first year of school to be over. 38 school weeks left to finish the degree! One more year for Salamina in the 2nd division..one more year with Panathinaikos not winning the title in Greece. Indiana Hoosiers eliminated from the first NCAA round from Arkansas. At least there was Man Utd to save the week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

burnt popcorn can be quite delicious. but you cannot over burn it.

The Carpenter said...

THANK YOU Rachel. That is exactly what I was trying to prove to Molly.
I did over burn it though:(