Monday, November 2, 2009

A typical weekday

I wake up, take a shower, get ready, grab my bread with jam which was prepared with my grandma and off to work.

Once every now and then, I forget my laptop, so after yelling at myself, I go back and get it.

The office from work is about 5 minutes walking..2.30 minutes driving. It takes so long because people park their cars outside their houses, so a two lane street becomes one, so if you are unlucky enough and find other cars in the way you have to wait. Yet, like a true Cypriot I always take the car to work. I still don't seem to understand why, when 14 months ago in London, I used to walk at least 2km a day to get to the bus station so I can get to work…with a bad back and a laptop on it.

I turn on the computer and I check my e-mails, greek and Cyprus sports news and figure out what I have to do for the day.

I make my coffee around 9.15-9.30. I drink it hot, with two spoons of Nescafe and a little milk.

I take my lunch break from 2 to 2.45. Grandmas food is always delicious.

Back to work until 5pm with another coffee keeping me up and going.

Usually I am back home at 5.15. Very rarely I might stay in until 9pm to supervise interviews.

Depending on my mood, I either lay on the bed or get ready for the gym. Depending on the day, there is either Bodypump or Bodybalance.

Dinner depends on the mood again. If it is towards the end of the week, Molly and I usually grab something from outside. If it is Monday we usually eat home.

The night plans again depend on the day and if there is soccer or not. Usually if I am bored home and have nothing to do, I will probably walk over to Marios and Efi's to talk with them a little bit about our day and other random staff. The strange fact here is that I usually walk to Marios and Efi despite the fact that walking time is the same as the office.

The day usually ends with me reading two chapters of my latest James Patterson book. This one is interesting but because of the lack of free time, I am not reading it too quickly. I have three in the pipeline now and I need to get on them.

Sleep around 12 or 1,



No comments: