Monday, August 24, 2009

The end of another week

Another week gone..a new week has started. Here are some of the things that annoyed me last week.

  • The receptionist at the Imperial Hotel in Pafos who insisted on me giving them my phone number and address.
  • The receptionist at check-out at the Imperial Hotel in Pafos who after I gave her my credit card, asked for my PIN number.
  • The staff at the Imperial Hotel in Pafos who were not trained to say “Thank you” or smile.
  • The 4 stars at the Imperial Hotel in Pafos. How, do they get them?
  • The fact that Cypriot citizens pay more for accommodation in Pafos than tourists do
  • The people who park on the sidewalks throughout Cyprus
  • The streets in Pafos which are separated in the middle so if you take a wrong turn..you are screwed
  • The KFC girl who did not give us drinks and insisted that we did not order them
  • The KFC girl who after I ordered the drinks for the second time told me that I owe 2.95 Euros where as the receipt clearly showed 2.85. When I showed it to her and told her you mean “2.85” she replied “2.95”. I gave her 2.90 and I never got any change back
  • The Seven Lounge bar which did not give us a table for 2 for dinner because they were all reserved. At the time 90% of the tables were empty. We ate at another restaurant walked for 30 minutes and the tables at Seven were still empty.
  • The arsons in Greece – save the last tree so we can hang them
  • The know-it-all sports journalists

Things that made me smile last week:

  • The purchase of Salamina season tickets
  • The unexpectedly good service at Brewery pub
  • The second place of Kyriakos Ioannou and Eleni’s Artymata competition at the 200m final in the Track & Field World Championship

Stay tuned for next week’s little annoyances and pleasant surprisesJ

No comments: