Thursday, February 5, 2009

Story of my life - My family: Chapter 3

I could write a lot of pages for my family, but I will try to leave it short and sweet. Every time I think about my life, I consider myself lucky to have grown in such a loving, affectionate and caring family. The patience, love, advice and support of my parents made me who I am and brought me where I am today…close to completing my Master’s degree and starting for well my career.

Sometimes I feel that I have not shown my appreciation and my love to them as much as I should, but I am one hundred percent sure that they know how much I love and respect them. They believed in me and that has helped me a lot.

A lot of people call me Mama’s boy. I am not going to deny it. I have always liked and still like to be close to my mum. I like to talk to her and I feel secure when I do. Even at my worst days, just talking to my mother makes me happier. She has always been there for me and she will always be. I know it hurts her that I am so far away from her, like it hurts me, but I also know that she has always been very supportive, helpful and compassionate with my life decisions.

I own my approach to life, my mindset and the way of thinking to my dad. A lot of times when I hear him talking or see the way behaving in a social situation, I think that “this is exactly what I would do”. My dad has always been the person I looked up to the most. Respectful, caring, loving, affectionate, successful, friendly, and devoted but rarely demonstrating his feelings...just like I do.

Growing up, I always wanted to be like my brothers. They were and still are my heroes. I do not remember a single time denying any help I asked from them. Whether that had to do with school work, life decisions or even “taking care” of other people. I love them and respect them, and I hope that someday I will be able to give them back what they have given me. That includes extending the family with their two beautiful, wonderful wives and the two most adorable nephews.

I would not be able to close this chapter without referring to my grandmother. I might be biased, but I firmly believe that she is the most wonderful, loving, caring, strong person that I have met in my life. She has marked my life with her strong will to live so that she can help raise her grandchildren. She still takes care of me even today when I am in my late 20’s, but I can’t deny it. I love it and I love her!!

This is a short story for my family. As I said, I could write many pages about them, but I will not make this any longer. I will just conclude by stating that my family has raised me to respect other people, to love and care and I really appreciate them for that. Those values have also shaped my goal for life…”to be able to give my kids, half of what my family gave me”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so heartwarming to read. It's beautiful. I love it, it makes me feel good to read it.

Your family is great!